Thursday, May 20, 2010

Make your own pavers



So our house looked like this 3 weeks after it was finished and we put the fence and stairs in. There was some slightly growing grass, some gravel from the rock driveway spilling over and looked unfinished. I really wanted a cool walkway with stone pavers that went from the gate in the corner and extend out to the front of the stairs. I wanted the look of this: Well I found out quickly after showing my husband, that FLAGSTONE wasn't in our $$budget $$!! So I figured I could get something similar and I went to the local hardware store to buy some pavers that I liked that weren't just regular brick looking. So after googling, I found how to make your own cobblestone looking walkway from bags of cement and a Quikrete Walk Maker Mold. This was perfect, I thought to myself! I showed my husband the molds and mostly my excitement that I found what was in our budget. He promptly said "You couldn't do that". Well, let me tell you I think I laid a layer of my tire on the road leaving our house to the hardware store to see what they had. If you want me to get something done, well then telling me I can't do something, is the perfect way to get me to do it! I started with one bag and couldn't stop. Here it is in mid stage and still a little wet. Looks like a robot with one big leg, doesn't it?

So I kept going and think it took about 12 bags of cement at about $5 a bag or less, the mold was about $10 or $20, so my project took about $60-$80 to finish, and I am so darn proud to call it my own! But then I owe my son a little of the finished product, he dropped a bag of sand on it one day, and tried to sweep it away, but all the cracks were filling up. All the cracks filled up you say? Why PERFECT! Get more sand, boy! And here it is without your heels getting stuck in the cracks!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! I thought it was cool BEFORE I realized that you MADE all of the pavers!!! You ROCK woman!!! (get it--rock? hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be one specific with the most beneficial blogs Patio Pavers Boca Raton We have ever arrive across on this subject. Really Wonderful. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Private Tutor Wellington Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete